bee Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sketching Amanda Seyfried

So yea, I've been so excited into sketching nowadays... It has been an activity that quite relaxing for myself. I could learn new thing and in the same time, i could also relaxing my mind from any problem I might have at the moment.

So, I was turned on the TV and HBO was showing a movie: 'Little Red Riding Hood' which was played by Amanda Seyfried. I could say that this was a good movie. And of course, unlike the real story, the children version, it has different plot.

But, I don't want to talk about the movie, I want to talk about the beauty: Amanda Seyfried.
While watching the movie, made a cup of coffee, then I remember that I have a picture of Amanda Seyfried. So, why don't make a sketch of her?



The first thing I always do is making the base sketch, I usually only draw some important parts of the object I wanted to draw. In this case, the picture I've got is only consisted of the face and hair, just like the picture of Chloe Grace Moretz.


The next step is, the eyes... The more I sketch, the more I learn about how to sketch things or body parts. Eyes, for me is the center of a face. So, I always sketch a face from the eyes...




Eyes are done, then let's move to the nose and lips. For the nose, I only tried to shade it (wanted to make it darker actually). After the nose is done, then I moved into the lips which also complicated sometimes.



After the face is done, then I moved to the hair. Well, this one is quite hard actually, because Amanda's hair is blond. So, I could not only use pencil to draw the hair.

At this part, I remember a few years back when I saw a street artist when he used an eraser to draw the hair over the black area of the hair. So, I tried to use this method. So, the first thing is make the whole hair area black. Since I used only a regular pencil, of course I could not make it any darker, could not make a solid dark. But, I think it is fine...

After make it dark (as dark as possible), I used tissues to soften the black area. Then I draw the shape of the hair by using a pointy eraser I made by myself. So, here are the results...




So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment