bee Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Sketching Henry Cavil, the Man of Steel

It has been a quite rough week for me... Just right after finished everything related to my thesis, and all the graduation preparation, then I was taking care of all work-related. So, last week i just busy making paper test for my student. In the middle of making those test paper, I was recreate myself through drawing...

And, I was really excited when I found this picture of the smile of The Man of Steel, Henry Cavil.

To be honest, I was asking myself, can I make this kind of sketch?
I mean, it is hard to sketch a smile, especially the wide one like Henry Cavil's smile. The more thing to be considered is that his facial hair seemed challenging for me.

So, here are my step in sketching this amazing smile...


This is the base of the sketch, with the picture as a reference to draw...





I always began with the eyes part...





After that, I moved to the nose, the lips... But, since he has a very thick facial hair, i was trying to draw it first before the lips and the smile... At this point, I doubted myself because it looks so ugly, didn't look like Henry Cavil at all...



Then it got better after I finished sketching the the lips, teeth... The smile... Don't you think?


Then i moved to the beard... Ah, it is always be the hardest thing to draw for me...


Finished making the beard, then I started connecting the beard to the hair...





Here we go...

The last part is putting the signature, as always...




Me, and my sketch... hehehe...



It took me 3 - 4 hours to finished this kind of sketching...
So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment