bee Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sketching Jake Gylenhaal


I always love to sketch a face with a smile. Moreover, a wide smile like this one. Jake Gylenhaal's smile is pretty wide, right? 

The thing is, it is complicated (for me) to sketch a smile. The other challenging part is, is also have the facial hair which always took me quite long to finish it.

So, here is the base sketch.


With its reference...


The eyes, eyebrows and the nose...

The mustache...
Well, it comes again. The feeling that it won't be a good (enough) sketch! It always looks so weird when I draw the mustache. Maybe I should try to draw the mouth first then the mustache (or the whole facial hair) after that.


Then, yea... It looks much better after reshaping the lips and the smile...

Let's go down to the thin beard all over the chin and cheek...


This guy has dark hair, but the lighting on the photo is showing some 'light' part of the hair. So, I decided to shape it using an eraser, just like when I reshape the blond hair... I shade all of the hair with a full black color by using 8B pencil...



Soften the hair by using tissue, so I can easily reshape it later. But it should be done carefully.


Then I used an eraser to shape the light of the hair...

Let's just retouch the hair to make it tidier...


The hair part is done, now let's shade some face area...


So, this is the final part of the face with a smile of Jake Gylenhaal...

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment